Friday, December 28, 2007
A few posts ago, in "Of Purpose, Picket Signs and Big Girl Jeans," I blogged about picketing our lives. Here's a lil' excerpt in case your memory (or hangover) is as bad as mine:
"If any of you are feeling dissatisfied with your life, I have some advice: YOU NEED TO PICKET LIFE... What are you dissatisfied with? What are you MAD AS HELL about and NOT GOING TO TAKE ANYMORE?
I'm taking this mentality of picketing and protesting and I'm APPLYING IT TO LIFE. Let's write our lists, let's make our signs, let's draw our line in the sand. Let's claim what we want, when we want it and how we're gonna get it! Get your bullhorns out, get your signs made, get marching FOR WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE. When you look back in ten years or twenty, you'll be so glad you did."
So I'm starting my list, right now. Today. Things I'm going to go after with all the gusto in the world. If I think about what my life was two years ago, I only one goal: GET OUT OF BED. Now that I have, I want to ENJOY LIFE. Every day, I come a little closer to circling BACK TO THE ME I ALWAYS WANTED TO BE.
Here's a start to the list (though it will be updated along with what I'm doing to make it all come true):
1) I want PINK hair. Not a huge goal. But I want it. There.
2) I want to go to Italy. I loved it there when I went. I've always wanted to go back. I might need to hold a fundraiser, but hell, I'm going.
3) I'm going to write a book.
4) I'm going to lose forty pounds. I MUST! I don't like this weight, it stinks. Forty won't even get me to thin, it will get me to healthy.
5) I've always wanted to run a road race. Even a five K, I don't care. Spring is coming, there will be lots of them.
6) I want to redecorate my apartment. I want it to reflect the NEW ME I AM TRYING TO BECOME. That means color, brightness and beautiful. Out with clutter, in with organization and necessities.
7) I want to make something. I've narrowed it down to: POTTERY, SOME KIND OF JEWELRY MAKING OR I've always wanted to learn how to upholster furniture (all though me with a high powered staple gun could BE VERY DANGEROUS.) Maybe paint.
8) I want to volunteer. I've already made the contact on this one. I'm going to teach writing to sick kids.
9) HAVE MORE FUN! Every day carve out time for FUN.
10) Investigate my life, figure out who I am and stop repeating patterns that are learned and that have hurt me.
11) KISS MORE BOYS.
And that my friends is just the beginning, to a new and beautiful life.
Posted by adventure grrl at 8:40 AM