Friday, December 21, 2007

Is It Bad To Pray To God to Lose Weight?

That's what I did last night. Just a little.

Dear God,

I know you're busy with other things like wars, genocide, floods, hurricanes, people starving, earthquakes, the earth melting, illnesses, plagues, homelessness, extinction of certain kinds of eagles, but on the off chance you could SHINE A LITTLE LIGHT THIS WAY, could you please have the scale at WW read 2 pounds less. That's all I'm asking. I'll even take 1.8 since you seem especially busy.

Love, Me

P.S. I waited until 22 to lose my virginity and I feel like that should count for something.

Stay tuned to see if it worked!!!
Share/Bookmark

7 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL...
Umm... I've been known to pray for more frivalous things than that ;) Good luck!

Anonymous said...

shame on you for not praying for world peace!!! ha ha! I've prayed for zits to go away overnight...but god wasn't listening. :) is it because i'm agnostic? hmmm

coco said...

I definitely don't fault you for praying for weight loss...but, I feel like if you did the right thing weather or not you lost any weight wouldn't be a question.

(easier said then done, i know)

Anonymous said...

Weather???
This totally disqualifies the last comment left. Don't give it another thought. Please.

Anonymous said...

Just have to say your blog cracks me up. I find your story (loss, depression, break up, etc.) relatable and it inspires me to read how you are dealing with everything the best you can with humor and honesty. Thanks for sharing for those of us currently in need of a boost.

coco said...

All I was trying to say is not to leave thse things up to chance. People go through life hoping and wishing for things to change but if you do what needs to be done there would be no question.

And to 'anonymous'... how about leaving your name if you are going to attack someone (or there comments) You're not NICE!!

Two Date Diva said...

I've been known to pray for good hair days, weight loss sounds like a great reason to pray to me. Good luck.